Monday, January 31, 2011

On-The-Go Meals and Good Choices

It is when I am on the run and out all day for work that I find myself making the worst possible food choices in the world.  So I have found it in my best interest to 'pre plan' my meals and pack for success.  If I don't, its bad-decision-ville and I always lose.  So here we go, better options for better results.

Breakfast (yes your mom wasn't lying, it's the most important meal of the day)

-1 cup Kashi GoLean
-1 banana
-1 apple
-20 oz water



or


-1 cup grapes
-1/2 whole wheat english muffin with 2 egg whites
-1/4 cup fresh mushrooms (or vegetable of your choice)
-20 oz water











Snacks (2-3 times per day or every 2.5 hours)

*one of these options counts as 1 snack

-Fruit (strawberries, apples, oranges, grapes, pineapple)
-Greek yogurt
-Fat free string cheese
-Raw almonds
-Protein shake/bar




Lunch/Dinner

-5 slices of deli turkey
-1 tbsp yellow or honey mustard
-Fresh lettuce
-1 whole wheat tortilla
-Steamed broccoli
-Chopped onions
-1 slice fat free american cheese
-Chopped tomato
-Chopped bell peppers (the more color the better)
-20 oz water



or


-1 skinless boneless grilled chicken breast
-Grilled asparagus, fresh broccoli or spinach, and corn
-Hand full of blueberries
-20 oz water

No comments:

Post a Comment